My Photo
Name:

Love me for who I am

Monday, May 10, 2010

Let's embark on this long journey

Its the first day of work, had a bad start all thanks to mr flu bug, tortured me for the whole day, on the urge of chopping my nose off already (-_-). I woke up on time despite having a blocked nose for the entire night. I wasn't feeling any excitement or either having dreadful thoughts, rather the feeling for the day was very.. neutral. :) that is a good start i supposed besides the flu. I somehow already knew where i would be posted to after the call from sister joyce. But didn't expect myself to be working with someone that everybody would go 'oh i know, eeks' upon mentioning the name. Well, there are more to come in this horrendous working world.
I would have to start from scratch and doubled the effort towards learning because i have never been attached to ICU. Mine would be a medical intensive care unit. Since i have never realliy been to icu, my idea of there are patients having all the IA lines, cvp lines whatever lines...so, i have to dig out my old notes, burn them and swallowed it all down.

I have a pass~~~




Something happy to share...I have recieved my 'key' from my god mom and dad for my 21st. When they brought me to choose the gift, words could never describe how blessed and loved i felt at that moment. I know that most parents would give their beloved children a 'key' on their 21st, a very tradition method i supposed. I might seem abit overwhelmed, but having the love from parents, is something that my own ones couldn't give it to me. utterly sad, i know.

Anyway i love the necklace TTM :) I felt really blessed to have them because they treat me as though im their own biological daughter.
My god parents are not filthy rich, every cents matters to them and at their age they are still slogging to work everyday and it really aches my heart. The 'key' is definitely not cheap and i know that this are all their hard earned money. I was very reluctant to choose this piece of key because of the costly price but they insist and even said that ' doesn't matter, you only have 21 in a whole life time, we can work harder and earn more money' heart shattered :(

It has been 7 years..
Love them not because they showered me with gifts and giving me money, love them because they care and understand me and always being supportive in whatever i do.
Love them because they are proud of me and not afraid to announce to the world that i am their daughter.

the most ever treasured gift is love.

2 Comments:

Anonymous eil said...

wa wa wa...ICU leh!!...Sesosin! Welcome to the working world!...

Yesterday I just watch an info-reality documentary about the docs and medical stuff and they introduced ICU and what's going on in that Unit in SGH..blah. It's pretty "intensive" so you must jia you okay!!..you can do it de, our nurse scholar!

- Tan Ei Ei

May 10, 2010 at 8:06 PM  
Anonymous c.a.r.o.l.y.n said...

wa ei ei~~~~~

ya los.. icu is very busy and nurses there got to be really very vigilant. abit scare that i cant catch up cause im the only one posted to icu that has never been there! :(
but i will meng jia you de :)))

you also must take care ar <3 <3

May 11, 2010 at 5:01 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home